1) The Radio telemetry system is based on 3DR Radio system and 100% compatible.
2) It’s designed as an open source Xbee replacement radio set, offering a lower price, longer range (approx one mile) and superior performance to Xbee radios. Its available in 915Mhz and 433Mhz; and in the following configurations: serial board (for the air) and USB (for the ground).
3) The system provides a full-duplex link using HopeRF’s HM-TRP modules running custom, open source firmware. Interface to the module is via standard 5V-tolerant TTL serial / FTDI USB serial.
4) Firmware upgrades and configuration are fully supported in the APM Mission Planner. Configuration is also possible through the 3DR Radio configurator and AT commands.
- Small size and light weight
- Available in 433MHz variants
- Receiver sensitivity to -121 dBm
- Transmit power up to 20dBm (100mW)
- Transparent serial link
- Air data rates up to 250kbps
- MAVLink protocol framing and status reporting
- Frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS)
- Adaptive time division multiplexing (TDM)
- Support for LBT and AFA
- Configurable duty cycle
- Built in error correcting code (can correct up to 25% data bit errors)
- Demonstrated range of several kilometers with a small omni antenna
- Can be used with a bi-directional amplifier for even more range
- Open source firmware
- AT commands for radio configuration
- RT commands for remote radio configuration
- Adaptive flow control when used with APM
- Based on the HopeRF HM-TRP radio module, featuring an SiLabs Si1000 RF microcontroller.
6) Other Features:
- Dimension: Air / Ground module (no include SMA connector) : 17m x 35mm / 17mm x 59mm
- Weight: Air / Ground module: 4.6g/16.8g (include cable and antenna) / 7.2g/17g (include antenna)
7) Package Included:
- Air Module 433Mhz x 1
- Ground Module 433Mhz x 1
- UART 4Pin cable for Air module 300mm x1
- 2.5dbi Antenna for two module x2
More Detailed Photos: